Wednesday, January 11, 2006

No Need For A Search Team


No worries, mates, I am alive! Send back the voluenteers, leash up the hounds, and put the first-aid kit back in your bathroom - the Queen has returned.

Now that that pathetic return statement has been issues, I might as well update myself and explain what on earth I could be doing around in Armstrong County that has consumed a lot of my time.

First, we'll start with 3 letters - S N S. Or as many ornory, eldery people know, Shop N' Save, as they barely make their cursive lettering out on their checks; or to the people employed there, Shop N' Slave. Anyway, I've been a bit busy working here and there through the week, being entertained and detained by all the occurances of the grocery store chain. But it's good to catch up with old chronies and assumes the meanial tasks of old - like cleaning registers and sorting the Haden House orders.

Next we have the ever-popular social life. I've seen so many of my friends over break and I have loved every minute of it. Well, I must take that back and say there were times I didn't love every minute of it, but when you have some friends from Kittanning who are members of the "PSP" (Pine Street Posse) (Yeah, I know, you're rolling your eyes and wondering how they could ever compare to the BHP, the Blanket Hill Posse, which I am a proud member of), you can't help but be irratted by the maturity levels present...or should I saw, not present and out to lunch, dinner, and a night snack. But anyway, getting together to bowl, eat at Red Lobster (classy bunch we are....well, we were for one night- and even that is questionable), or just hang out at houses, it's a blast. I even cleaned my friend K's room - which was a feat in itself.

I've also had some time to spend at home and around the house with the family and such. The holiday was great and the New Years was good also, getting together with old friends to watch that giant ball drop each year. It's been good to be at home, and will be a bit weird returning to my jail cell, I mean, dorm room, but in the end, it's all good. I have no urgent rush to return to school and work my rear off again and be busier than a farmer with a whole herd of milking cows, but it will be a bittersweet transition - saying goodbye to great cereal everymorning and my own bathroom but at the same time saying hello to old friends and getting myself back into the ministry for another semester of blessings.

I've also spent some time reading, which is unusual for me sometimes because I am not the most avent reader. Sure, I love to read label, I consider that a hobby in a sort. In the store before I buy something, in the shower waiting for my face cleanser to finally do it's job and destroying acne, and sitting at the kitchen table, I read it up and down with content facts, advertising, and even the design of the package. But give me a novel, and I'll give you a 3 month waiting list to finish the book, or more. But this one book captivated me, which proves that I can read with passion- I just have to find the book with the passion. I read "He's just not that into you", which I recommend to anyone who is single or even dating. I've learned a lot, and it's a hilarious book. Go out and get it. lol.

But anyway, work is calling my name. I will triumphantly return to the boro Monday. (Do I sound cocky and important in this blog? If I do, please don't take me seriously. For goodness sakes, I work at a grocery store and enjoy pumping the wells and playing with dogs. By no means and I some glory hound looking to make myself hot property.) As for now, have a good one and keep your tongue off the ice.

1 Comments:

Blogger manababies said...

Girl, you have way more energy than I do, that's for sure :)! Glad you had a good break. I was going to say, now it's time to get back to work, but you've been quite a busy bee already!

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home