Friday, September 24, 2004

The Kindness of a ‘Good Afternoon’

Certain things on campus amaze me or wow me at times like the other day when the squirrel was collecting nuts and then playing with a little squirrel for entertainment. But that’s just cheap humor. Something that really made me think was the kind good morning of a fellow on the sidewalk.

I was journeying back from my 2 Dimensional Design class and was nearing Rose Hall, very ready to eat as I smelled the food from our Café downstairs. As I walked along the sidewalk, a person who was vision impaired came along. As I got closer I looked at him and gave him a friendly smile. Then he returned the greeting.

“Good afternoon and how are you?”

“Good and you how are you?”

“Wonderful. Have a great week. Good bye.”

“You too.”

His friendly tone and kind greeting left me smiling as the conversation ended. Why can’t more people be so sunny inside and out? Many times you see people with a look of disgust and hate at the world but forget the very pleasure of breathing air and having a God who loves us all. I guess I kind ‘Good Afternoon’ is worth a shot, you never know who you are going make smile.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Hey Lindsay! I really love your blog. It is so cheerful and optimistic, and it reminds me of my own freshman year of college. Keep up the great work!

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home