Tuesday, January 17, 2006

"Welcome to Advanced Nucular Physics"



I've made the triumphant return to the frozen tundra, also know as Edinboro, and have sucessfully completed one college level class for today. Unfortunatly, it was Advanced Nucular Physics.

I had time to get to my class, a brisk walk since I was a little behind but then again, I have timed out all the distances from building to building so I wasn't too concerned. Before I left the room, I made sure to check the appropriate room number to make sure I would be heading off to the right room. Unfortunatly, I checked last year's schedule and showed up in the wrong room. So from there I left and checked in at the department office in order to find out where I would have my public speaking class.

I did find my public speaking class - but it was in disguise. As I walked in and took an open seat, my eyes caught some of the words from the front board that said "Advanced Nucular Physics - T TH 9:30-10:45 Course 736". Alerted by the awkard message, I whispered to the person next to me "this is public speaking, right?" and they assured me that the writing on the board was only a ruse, but a ruse that many fell for and many left the room to only be convinced to return by the persuassive professor. It was mostly 30 or more minutes of rusing to late-comers.

The class will be interesting and fun, that is my prediction. The professor has been at Edinboro for 30 some odd years teaching and has the place pretty well mapped out and has plenty of teaching expereience.

It was good to see all the old pals from the hosue last night. I made a quick pit stop over to the PH before heading back to the room for bed to catch up and see those lovely faces! Oh, how I love the house, haha.

I know people have New Year's Resolutions and such, like weight loss and this and that. I don't really play that game but rather just make decisions about what I would like to see in my life. One of those is a less obsessive-complusive Lindsay, as far as anal-retentive behvaior when it comes to cleaning my room once a week and doing everything with such a tight and orderly schedule. Being at home over break alliviated me of all of that, and it felt good. That doesn't mean I'm throwing away organization - it means I am going to simply change the manner in which I do it. Another is to make this semester count for God, to give back and to learn. There are challenges that are on the horizion for me, but with every challenge, oppritunity is presented. I look at it this way: if I am trying to make a decision I am unsure about, I just ask the question "Is this something I will regret years from not because I chickened out?" Seems to make sense.

As for now, I think it's a snack and then off to class again. Catch ya'll later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Linds, I love the picture and the hat!

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home