Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I Have Forgotten

When my cell phone alarm when off this morning to wake me up at 7:20, it was like a flashback to my high school days, you know, the feeling that your eyelids want to glue themselves shut permantly and forget your ears ever hear the wake up call. I hate the feeling of being so tired you barely move. I had forgotten that feeling...

I only lived nine mintues from the Elderton Jr./Sr. High School but in order to ride the bus there, it took an entire hour on the back roads of Western PA to pick up all the hick kiddies. Honeslty, thy were in the sticks. When it takes you 30 mintues or more to get to a mjaor road of somekind, you know you're out in the boonies. And on top of the fact that I was riding for an hour on a bus in the morning that picked me up promtly at 6:20 everymorning but barely had head in the winter, smelled of old seats and germs, and by the time you go to school, you were fast asleep in the seat only to awaken to a numb rear and glazed over eyes.

Some of the children/teens we pick up weren't all hicks, they were very nice kids, but the majority of them were pure bred yee hawing adolencents that couldn't wait to get home and work on their ATV and race them up a hill called "widowmaker". Spare me. Not to mention the fact that when some of them got on the bus they didn't understand the "no talking" policy that was in effect until we reached the highway of 422, about 5-10 before our destination. While people like me who were up since the crack of dawn are asleep, they decide to get on and gabber about nonsense. This was quickly abolished when somebody from the half-asleep gang piped up and told them all the shut their mouths. Ahh, beautiful democracy. Or is it? It's too early to analyize that one.

My friends knew better that no to speak to me until about 3rd period, which is 9:00 in the morning. Trying to get any educated information out of me was futile, and I would simply stare into space. I was always a supporter of setting the starting time for our high school back a few hours, but that interfers with the blessed sports. Well, if your sleeping standing up I doubt you can be an effectly goalie. It call comes back to the Zzz's.

I usually require about 8-9 hours of sleep to function properly, 7 is "do-able", 6 is draining, and 5 is unheard of. Since I only got about 6 hours last night...I am slowly draining with every touch of the keypad. I bit my lip eating my snack bar in class. (Getting hurt in the morning while ou are tired is a dangerous thing,not only for you but the people around you. You suddenly become mad at everything).

I have been going to bed earlier this year and actually have been getting more sleep in college than I used to when I was in high school, odd eh? I try to sleep at like 11 so I can wake up before the alarm in the morning, refreshed and sane. Sometimes this method works, sometimes it doesn't. Honestly, I don't know how Sharon gets up in the morning. I'm with Melonie on this one.

But here I am in class doing very, very, very, very little (except for blogging) and waiting for another chance to get a sip at the old waterhole a.k.a. fountain bolted on the wall outside the computer room. Hoo roo. Someone please send me a blanket and a lulluby. My afternoon plans afte class and my meeting with K: NAP.

Goodmorning everyone...or is it goodnight?

PS: I am going out with K at a coffee shop. what are good drinks to order if I don't like coffee all that much (an never really drink it because it's ahead ofmy time at the moment). Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home