Thursday, August 25, 2005

Summer Time

I leave for school tomorrow. Acutally, today since it's 12:11 AM when I am typing this post. I have been up late tonight doing a campus minsitry flyer for a Pig Roast this coming Monday that has been long due. It didn't help a virus came and knocked on the computer's door and then I later discovered my Adobe Photoshop 6.0 was missing and had to be re-copied. Then the computer and I were one again.

Poor Indy is hobbling up the stairs. I think laying on the cool cement in the basement gets to his bum leg. Yet he still loves to lay there. Go fig.

I've been half excited and half anxious and nervous about returning to school. I look at the town around me and wonder if any of it will change while I'm gone (which is probably not going to happen since nothing really does change in my small town. Sheetz got a new roof though- that's happening news.)

When I visit with my new baby cousin or hang around with the family, I get the feeling like it's the last time I will ever see them again because of my leaving for school. It's very strange, as if I'll never see them again. I wake up and think to myself "this is the last Wednesday I have at home for the summer of 2005". Instead of enjoying and seizing the moment I am trying to stuff it into a memory and mourn it's loss. Maybe that's why I love to take pictures- I love to caputre the moment- I grew up with photographs with family and friends. Pictures bring smiles to my face.

I'll miss things about home, that's natural, but I will also get into the groove of things at school. That brings on the half excited part of me- friends, campus ministry, Highland Ambassadors, and much more. This year is going to be a wonderful and joyous learning experience. I just have a feeling.

The past year has been hard. I remember talked to my mentor K about it and how the past year has been nothing but challenge and difficulty- a boyfriend, the move to college, a long distance relationship, many deaths in the family and church family, a pastor leaving, an end to the long distance relationship. I'm tired, I'm weary. I'd like a vacation but then I realize that I was just on one. Shoot, missed it!

No no, I kid, this summer has been a nice vacation with quality time next to the pool with family and glorious hours at work checking out ungrateful people's food for them to devour when they got home. I did several things I wanted to do this summer, like go to Kennywood (Sharon will be jealous), patch up friendships, and have plenty of time to paint my toenails.

Four months went by fast. I can't imagine what the next year will be like. It's amazing to think that I'm a sophomore in college. I'm getting old. Maybe I can get me one of those electric scooters so I can whiz down the road to get the mail or make it to class in expert time. Who knows. All I know it that it's been a good summer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Kittanning changing. I doubt it. You think your old? I'm a senior and almost 22!!! Class is almost never a joyous learning experience. I don't know why you would think so. Maybe your high on goofballs.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home