Thursday, January 19, 2006

"No Time For Love Dr. Jones!"


First off, I must apologize for the murdering of the word nuclear. I was busy (still am) and blogger was being stubborn about spell checker and I was being lazy for not putting it into Microsoft Word. Double oops. (Oh, like the picture? This was taken over break, it's me eating a pine tree to symbolize the crumbling of the PSP - the Pine Street Posse. If you're lost, that's probably a good thing because you really don't want to know, lol. So just sit back and enjoy the picture-age of my curly hair and the tasty tree.)

But anyway, it looks like this semester is going to kick my donkey. I am blessed to have two 100 level classes and cursed to have two 300 level courses and one 400 level course. The professor for the 400 level course is Dr. Jean Jones (hence the title) (if you know anything about great movies *cough*Temple of Doom Indiana Jones* cough* that line might ring a bell to you). Jean Jones is a woman who has a lot of opinions taken of her, some scary, some great, and well, I don't know what to make of mine yet. She seems dynamic, wanting the best of you, teaching a Comm course that is a 400 level the way it was mean to be taught, opening minds, and challenging her students. Needless to say, I'm the whipping donkey. Naeeee all the way. Roughly put, we will read 4 books for the semester, quizzes everyday, class discussions, and in-depth ponderin'. Hoo roo. Someone take me behind the stable and put me down, this ride seems like a long one, much better fit for a camel instead of a simple donkey like me that will receive a ghetto stomping by this class.

My next class that is giving me the royal treatment of animal abuse is Principles of typography AKA work it, work it, work it. It's not a dance class, it's an art class studying type and turning art kids into designers. I am half afraid and half excited for this class. The work load is measurably large from what I've heard. The first day of class was Wednesday (MW class) and there are three areas that are due for Monday. Thank you God for the weekends, thou gift to me is greatly appreciated.

Both together seem a little daunting, in fact, had me spazzing out last night. Between spending $200.00 on books and spending every waking minute reading and doing projects, I want to throw up. But I will not be defeated - I will give it my all - I will become a super student....or some revised version of a bookworm/better art kid.

So...if you don't see me for awhile, you know what. I'm getting whipped. Send the human society, and a care package of an additional brain, complete with jar!

Peace out peeps - catch ya around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home