Tuesday, September 28, 2004

For Whom the Bell Tolls

I never get out of my Intro to Graphic Design class on time. While other kids are booking it out the door at 11:30, I am trying to finish up what I can in the classroom until the next class comes in at 12. Due to this time schedule, I usually get to hear the bells of Edinboro perform their joyful rendition.

The bells play on a loud speaker on the corner of campus, the same corner I have class in, and right at 12:00 is starts. First, there is a jolly tune at mixes a church him and a old folk song together. The rhythms seem off the first time you hear, but then once you listen closely, you pick it up and then it gets imbedded into your brain and plays in your head for a half hour afterwards. The second song begins and then finally the third. The last tune is much like the gongs of a grandfather clock that count the hours that have passed by. This five minute routine usually plays until I stroll into the lobby of my residence hall.

I personally enjoy the little tune that plays at noon. Not only does it give you a feeling that you just got out of church, it is also very college-esk for the campus setting, much like the pictures you see on brochures and such thing where students are studying under a tree or laughing gaily on the way to class. It always is a nice treat to hear the resonating tune every now and then as you walk from class to class. I guess it takes away the everyday rush and rap of things and brings you back to a world of afternoon picnics and carriage rides.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home