Sunday, November 21, 2004

Journal of an Insomniac

It’s currently 2:00 AM Monday morning and I am wide awake . Don’t ask me how or why, I am trying to figure that out as well as you are.

I look maybe a half hour nap today because I felt a little under the weather after my shower at around 3:30. So I crawled into bed and took a quick nap as my roommate, Manna, who is Queen of the nap, had already been in dreamland for about two hours. We were awoken by the boys to come eat dinner to slowly we dragged our carcasses out and got some grub.

I only ate some popcorn at 10:00, so my stomach isn’t busy digesting and keeping me from sleeping. I even read before I went to bed. I tossed. I turned. I tried blankets, I tried without. I tried daydreaming, counting backwards, thinking, and everything else under the moon. Only tonight the moon and I are spending some quality time together. What is going on here?

It has just dawned on me.

I blame Scrabble.

Scrabble? Yes, scrabble. Let me explain. Since Thanksgiving vacation begins on Tuesday I was advised to just stay up here the weekend since I will be home in two days. “I can do that” I told myself and so I made myself busy with plans of homework and such. Kevin and Mark, bowling team buddies, came back around 10:00 Friday night after their trip to Wal-Mart and showed off their purchases of Pumpkin Pie, stuffed animals from the claw game, and Scrabble.

Soon it was 4:00 the next morning and we were wrapping up the second game of the intellectual addiction. In result, it was 11:30AM when I peeled open my eyes again to another November Saturday.

Last night was round #2 of Scrabble-thon and an added player, Ethan, Manna’s boyfriend, joined us and, to say the least, whooped us. Maybe it’s the Ohio water or something. Anyhow, we got to bed a little earlier because I had church in the morning at 10:00. It was 2:00AM when I crawled into bed.

Now it’s 2:11AM Monday morning and I am still pretty wake. My roommate can’t sleep, Kevin can’t sleep, Mark can’t sleep, Mike can’t sleep (but that’s his own fault), and I can’t sleep. The dynamic bowling team of RamRod has turned into the dynamic group of scrabble addict students. Maybe if Manna and I collide with each other full speed we will both knock each other out cold so we can have enough strength for the rest of the day. As for right now, my only option is to finish my English paper and study for my Art History test. Gosh, I wish I could sleep now that I think of that.

But on a hopeful and friendly note…

GOODMORNING!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home