Friday, November 05, 2004

"L" Is For Lazy

I woke up at 10:00AM this morning. Life is good.

Sure, it may sound like I am some kind of teenage bum but its Friday and my only class is at 2:00 PM; so I take advantage of it. I enjoy getting a proper night’s rest because that way I wake up refreshed and knowing there isn’t some time schedule kicking me out of my cozy comfort zone of blankets and Snoopy. Besides, I can at least say I earned some of it. It isn’t like a pity story, but I caught my high school bus at 6:20 every morning, Monday through Friday, from the 7th grade to the 11th; an hour of bumps, smells, and obnoxious children screaming, snickering, and reeking of their pre-puberty perspiring stench. I remember waking up and dragging my weary body out of bed and onto an often unheated bus that was too old for it’s age and too small for it’s pick-up route. The only good that came out of it was the morning nap (that probably caused some hidden back problem I will experience 30 years down the road and wake up one morning and say ‘Darn, S-67) and the humor from our bus driver Alan.

This schedule in college really does kick rear end compared to high school. Instead of the rush of eight straight classes separated by 4 minutes, I now have breaks and time for test cramming and an easier day of learning. There isn’t a bell that rings and then a testy tardy, just a five-till bell that rings on my side of campus. I don’t get stared down if I walk by in a pair of flip flops and if I’m a little late for class, which I usually am not, it’s ok in some of my classes. Heck, even some professors don’t care if you don’t show up for class!

A guess all these feelings are signs of my joyous entry into college and the freedom’s it offers. There’s no one to holler, no one to harass, all those things of high school I don’t miss. The only things I do miss are the close friends and the foolishness that went on every day, a true treat in life. It’s amazing to think that we have just six weeks of school until the end of semester. I keep reminding myself it’s November and that I’m actually in college. Jeepers, time flies as they say. Or does it soar? Or flap? I’ll stop.

But I do enjoy a good Friday. It gives me time to blog, which, as many of you have noticed, I slacked on this week. Oops!

Toodles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home