Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Oh Bother, It Must Be Windsday

I work up this morning peering out the window at the site of a vanilla/yellow sky that looked ominous and surreal. I even checked the time of day to make sure I wasn’t dreaming or woke up at an odd hour of the morning. Little did I know I was going to soon be blown away like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz; instead I was on my way to Hamiltion Hall to see the Wizard of Kip.

After a few steps out the door I noticed how powerful the wind actually was and it’s brute force and strength when it came to pushing people off the sidewalk and stopping them in their tracks as they treaded forward to class. I briefly looked at weather bug to determine my apparel for the first day of December, but I had no idea at the intensity of the wind.

I struggled along and made it to class with a quick pace, for I am practically five minutes from the building. (Lucky me, I know.) Other students were blessed by being close to food and the University Center, but I rather be close to class and in between the food, so then there is a time period of walking to burn off the grub I gobble down. I passed two students who were battling the wind with little resistance due to the large canvas they were carrying. I offered help but they were almost to their destination. Afterwards, it dawned on me that I should have advised them to carry it the opposite direction of the wind so it wasn’t serving as a sail on a ship during a hurricane.

After a boring critique in Wizard Kip’s class, we took a 1 minute break and came out of the little critique room with no windows back to our usual studio to where we all discovered the mass of wet snow flying through the air. Really, I could have gone for a cup of something warm at Doucette, a building less than five minutes away, but I would rather stay dry and hungry than soaked and tired.

The walk back wasn’t so bad because I quickly bolted out the door and had a mission on my mind- warm room. Later I headed out to eat at the dining hall with Robin, which is located about ten minutes away. I decided to quickly jog for some of the trip to make travel time a little shorter. It actually was fun because at times with wind held me in place as my feet were still scurrying yet I was making no forward process.

I don’t mind the wind that much; it makes things a little more interesting. Besides, I cam to Edinboro knowing that I was in for some kind of weather experience, might as well suck it up and enjoy it.

On a bright side, my day was welcomed with an e-mail from my friend Krista and some of it told me about her lovely date with this new guy she is interested in. I was thrilled for her and can’t wait to hear more. Ahh, l’amour. (I will post a pic of the both of us but Hello has taken a vacation and it just won't work for me. It keeps telling me my internet connection isn't working or not meeting the server. Any tips??)

I’m out to Art History now and I see the sunlight has poked its head out of the clouds to take a laugh at the bundled little creatures on the ground. I’d laugh too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home