Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Gosh, It's like so totally cool!

I dedicate this blog to Ashley. who warms my heart each time we talk.

After a Tuesday that produced more drama than Monday, I needed a pick me up of some kind. By the end of last night, I felt like I let relationships down, failed trying to figure out the worlds problems. and feeling helpless and nothing more than a bystander at times. It was truly a Monday in disguise. But thank goodness for the Gathering.

The Gathering is like youth group for the college student. Since I fell in love with mine during those teenages years of the past, I greatly enjoy the Gathering. Sure, I don't know everyone there in attendance, but I am learning names and faces each time. One of the great benefits to such a get together is those people you meet. One of these is Ashley.

She loves everything and giggles. Being around her is quite a blessing as you sit and talk to her and share stories of the day and watching her rosy red cheecks swell and laughing right along with her. When she gets all excited she exclaims phrases that run along the lines of "Gosh, it's like totally cool!" Her laughing and cheery smiles warm my heart, espically after a long day of all kinds of drama. I say thank you to her and to the many others I have met through Campus Ministries that brighten my day. I only hope that I may brighten their's as well.

Now it's back to class. Unfortunatly, my most boring class is at times my Intro to computer softare, which deals with my major. It just might be the instuctor, I hope it's nothing fatal as far as not being cut out for this major. But now that we are working on an real project and doing something constructive, I think the class rating will improve.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Hello Miss Lindsay,
One of the greatest things about college is the people you meet. The girl in the dorm next to mine ended up being my best friend and we're still good friends to this day.
I'm sorry you had such a tough Monday. Keep your chin up, I love you and so does everyone else.

p.s. Also, I think you will do just fine in your computer class. You are already doing things with the HTML on your blog that I can't for the life of me figure out how to do myself. :)

12:30 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

it's always nice to be around upbeat people, as attitude is most definately contagious!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Melonie said...

Isn't it nice to find an Ashley? I am glad you enjoy your group and have found a friend.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Ahh yes. Intro to Computer software. The joys of Quark and the boredom of old teachers talking in front of a class. Been there, done that. But it could be worse. You could have an old professor that says, "I'm going to go gamble on the game, then have some Guinness."

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home