Friday, January 21, 2005

A Cup O' Tea

There's nothing like waking up in the morning and not wanting to drag yourself out of bed into 9 degree weather. It's a real thrill ride and one of my favorite sensations to feel in the morning as you uncover the warm blankets from you cozy nook in the bed and bundle up for the weather you greet with a chill and a shiver. Oh, I also forgot to mention that this paragraph suffers from total opposites disease.

Aside from getting up at the crack of dawn (which is true, I saw the sunrise today which was quite splendid and I actually did enjoy that part) and freezing my petute (bottom) on the way to class, I soon was warmed by the heat of the library. It brought me back to the school days my senior year when I had a study hall first period. Yes, I know, you are all extremely jealous. I loved it. I bonded with friends, finished up homework, and best of all, had my morning cup of tea.

Tea isn't my drinking sensation like coffee of latte's or something java-licous. I'm actually not into the whole "coffee craze" so to speak. I just like the smell. But in the morning at school I would put on the hot water in our librarians office and make myself a good cup o' tea with about 4 spoonfuls of sugar. That's what got me through the day, and to the bathroom as well. Those were the days...

Now I'm in college and I don't really have time for tea. I usually crave it in the morning because it's a morning drink for me. When I'm tired but I need to stay awake and ready, I put on a cup of tea and drink it. This morning I decided to grab some English spice of tea and treat myself, it's only a dollar. After adding about 4-5 packets of pure sugar, I headed off across campus to my next class. I tried to sip it on the way but at the first contact of tea my tongue did a retreat back into the corner of my mouth making a whimpering sound from it's 3rd degree burn. Funny how snow that sometimes makes you mumble and grumble can soon turn into something you desire to dive your head into and lick frantically when your tongue was touched my liquid fire.

The tea was alright and kept me awake in my Intro to Mass Media class. Today was another round of rambling and bits and pieces of information. Did you know West Virginia has a higher literacy rate than Pennsylvania? I know Sharon and Melonie would like that one, especially since the Media loves to pick on the state for being a cruel stereotype of hicks with a huge stick of hay in their mouth with overalls. Back to the matter at hand, the tea was best after class and I got down to the bottom where the sugar had settled. Now I'm on a sugar rush (it doesn't take much) and my fingers are shaking.

Oh tea, you gotta to love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home