Saturday, January 15, 2005

Liar, Liar

I love it when corporations lie to you. It's a comforting feeling when you figure it out that you've been "punk'd" and a business that is sucking down dollars like an alcoholic on New Years Eve has cheated you once again. Don't you feel the same warm feeling?

Of course, that reeks of sarcasm but the dirty news tis true: Dell lied to me. Over the phone, they gave me a quick fix, one-stop solution to my computer shut down issue: "I have a virus". Today I was phoned by the computer saint and he informs me of good news and bad news. But the great news was the two facts that signified that I didn't have a hardware problem, which would result in lots of green stuff that would require me to start on a great quest for a money tree, and it's not a virus. His Norton Anti-Virus scanned my system and came up with nothing. Unless there is the 1% chance I caught the latest virus within days, Dell seems to be hiding their dirty little computer screen face at me. They wanted to re-install windows and erase all my memory on a whim and have me pay forty dollars for it. No way, Jose.

Now it appears he is going back in time in the computer's history from re-start points and trying to see what happened when I installed "The Living Word Bible". Hopefully there is luck because spending a week without my computer seems impossible and quite dull. I'll be forced to read all the time and live like an Amish gal.

I like cows but I don't do horses. Those things are huge! Too many instances where me and horse did not meet eye to eye. Last time I checked the Amish still don't have health insurance, so I think I'll make friends with Bessie.

Toodles!

1 Comments:

Blogger Melonie said...

Some how I feel let down by the "Dude you're getting a Dell guy." Here's hoping all goes well with your computer.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home