Friday, January 07, 2005

Night of the Vocally Dead

Last night was just plain terrible. I took a benadryl to see if that would loosen my throat any at all so I could sleep peacefully and soundly without any discomfort. I think not. I decided to turn in for bed at midnight, and to tell you the honest truth, I never fell asleep until 6:00AM.

It really sucks. I tried salt water, the vaporizer, a dose of Vicks 44 on top of the benydryl, and yes, even honey. I got quite attached to the stuff last night because of the temporary relief it gave and it suppressed the coughing. My main problem was that I couldn't swallow, therefore, I was in misery. Every time I got close to drifting off to slumber land, I was thrown into a coughing spell and had to take another drink, another dab of honey, adjust pillows, and try all over again.

I finally pulled out the big guns at around 2:00. I got mom. I know, it sounds childish, but I wanted my mom. She knows what to do and I wanted to see what was living in my throat that was causing so much trouble. It was irritating me to the point where my stomach couldn't handle it. Luckily, it is only red swolleness; not the case this past summer when I had the "mystery virus". I feared that the most. The doctor told me it looked like mono. Heck no. I'm so glad that's not the case.

What really sucks is that I can't talk at all and I was going to go shopping tomorrow with a high school friend. Bummer. I left her a voice mail and will see how the day unfolds. Movies, some food, and lounging around...in silence. That is my exciting Friday.

Have a terrificly vocal day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Melonie said...

Don't feel bad Lindsay, I am 36 and sometimes I want my mommy when I am sick. Of course, then I get well and it is time for her to leave again :).

It really sounds like strep throat, have you had a culture done? If it is a virus drink fluids, don't talk, and make John wait on you hand and foot. Feel better soon.

Oh, and it really is Sharon's fault :)

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home