Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Arg...you got me...

I went to bed last night feeling a little under the weather, but it was so rainy last night that being under the weather would be quite a task. Anyway, I got my shower, brushed my teeth with extra attention (for I fear a sore throat is coming on) ad took my vitamins with a large glass of orange juice. (My favorite drink.)

I have awoken to nothing different.

Sure, the drink makes me feel a whole lot better, but if I get sick, this is just going to royally suck because it's the tail end of my Christmas vacation. Where could I have picked this up at? Hmm...maybe I'll go undercover as a top dog professional in CSI- "catching something icky".

My first suspect:

  1. My brother- yes, he's big, he's unsanitary, and he's a pro at this germ spreading technique. He was sick when he came home from Slippery Rock and then gave the good tidings and joy to my mother for the holidays. Am I the next victim? Possibly, since I'm on his case all the time about hygiene since we share a bathroom.
  2. Shop n' Save- From touching rewards cards on dirty key rings to scrubbing down the registers and handling people's filthy money, it's no wonder I'm not sick already. But my handy dandy Bath and Body works germ killer I always keep in my smock has always keep me safe. Could it have left me down this time?
  3. Sharon- She's been deathly ill, as her blog says, and she too had a sore throat (but her's turned into strep.) (Never had it, but I was close this past summer.) She may have passed this cursed disease through blogging territory. What if she is a threat, she could have infected so many others! Yet we are family, maybe it's just in the blood. Hmm....I'll keep my eye on her....ooo, look, shiny object...
  4. John- John? We've never caught an illness off each other in our dating history. Last spring, around prom time (great timing, eh?) he became the sickest I've ever seen him. He lost about 10 pounds off his scrawny little body and did nothing but lay around and sleep. Lately he has been sleeping like crazy and getting about 10 hours a day. Maybe he is turning into a cat...or turning into a viral time bomb waiting to spread rampantly to everyone he sees!

Hmm...There are many clues but no strong leads. I think I'll pass the case to Mr. Orange Juice Glass and his assistants vitamin C & E to do his inside dirty work.

This came on a very bad day for I have things planned to do before I work at 1:30. But now that I have contacts in and my drink of choice, I guess I will stay up. Number 4 suspect called me about 9:17 to ask for the number of his workplace because he got a flat tire. (Yes, and the tires and brand new.) Now I'm off to attempt the tasks to today and then check out Suspect number 2's groceries. Joy.

Have a terrific and worry free day!


2 Comments:

Blogger Melonie said...

Like all good friends I blame Sharon. First its the worry thing and now she is actually contaminating your body-what a cousin!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Yes, it was me, I confess. I am the parasite of cyberspace.
*sigh*
I hope you are feeling better soon, Linds. Drink plenty of liquids and get some rest before school starts.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home