Thursday, January 06, 2005

Hot and Steamy Dreams

Sure, I know what you are thinking, and no, I did not dream about James the firefighter. (Hey, if Aussie Mama can't think about him, someone has to! Poor Aussie Mama.) No, no dreams about James in a hot, red firefighting suit riding on a enormous shined and polished truck; it was just a weird dream as I slept under very hot and steamy covers of the fantastic polar fleece blankets I got for Christmas from Daddy. Besides, this house never drops down to a degree past 75 in the winter.

I'm still sick and this mysterious illness has evolved into something quite strange indeed. I can't talk like a normal cashier. Instead I'm the cashier from the crypt who sounds like the hand of time just took out her voice box when I go on the PA system to ask for a void or assistance. But onto the bright side, the throat doesn't hurt as much as it did. It's only at night when the disease comes out to play... I went to John's last night after work ended (not soon enough) and we did nothing but hang around and watch TV. It was truly laziness at its best. But I did get caught up on my Everybody Loves Raymond episodes while John was caught up as he took a nap nap in between things.

I have been drinking the elixir of life; also know as orange juice, like another hurricane was going to hit Florida all over again. The stuff makes my throat feel great. I'm just hoping that all the vitamins, Vicks vapor rub, OJ, sleep, and hand washing doesn't it's part in kicking out this vocal demon. We don't have medical insurance because of Dad's job change. All of a sudden I feel like I've been thrown back into the 1800's- no cure, no medicine, you're only left to suffer and croak. Ouch.

So I came home last night and decided to hit the hay and sleep instead of staying up another hour or so to blog and read other people's blogs. (Do I have an addiction?) (I can credit that to Sharon. She got me in the blogging mess.) Back to the matter at hand, I went to bed and slept restlessly all night between the cat constantly peering out my window at odd times of the morning when no creature is out that she can pounce on and devour and the drooling I did because, well, I don't know. I just drooled like crazy. It's like I can't swallow at night now. Terrific. Even the pets have something up on me. Then may not be able to check out food or read music but at least they don't have to flip their pillow over a few times. I'll stop talking about the drooling; it's all so personal and gross at the same time.

So I decided about nine this morning to put on Vicks to give it a shot. Something needed to help me other than the futile OJ and vitamins. I did and went back to sleep tot he dripping rain that has been falling all night, quite soothing to me. And boy, did I ever go back to sleep. I went farther than that, I went on an epic adventure.


It all started with someone instructing me on what to do. I was thrown into a video game like atmosphere where the object was to squeeze a person with both my arms as tight as I could and then I got a point. The more people I could squeeze, the better. But I had to watch out because the individuals were somewhat aware of the threat I posed. They too were trying to squeeze everyone. I started the process and was dropped down into the game. There now weren't any demographics or anything of the sort. Instead I started squeezing. My first victim was an old school mate the played trombone with me. She got the ax first. Then I moved on towards someone who was lurking in the shadows that I started to put my hands around before I even saw their face. To my grand surprise, it was Mrs. Hilty, my old English teacher, and we really tangled. Her little bones and permed hair put up a good fight as we wrestled on the ground. Eventually, I won the match, and earned it quite frankly.

From there I moved into a room that appeared to be the location of the book fair of some kind. People swarmed everywhere. I didn't really concentrate on my mission for I was too consumed with interest with all the books and looking to see if they had any I could pick up for John since he loves to read. But the game continued and I moved onto a bus that looked more like a subway on land. There were people everywhere in seats moving around and chatter was quite loud. But there I met up with me team. It consisted of two males and another female that had blond hair. I did not look like myself; I had short, dark brown hair and a very round face. But I was the main character and I looked pretty cool. Then teachers started coming through the isles and soon I recognized Mr. Rusinski, my old bio teacher. I decided to try to squeeze him and defeat him but he proved to me quite strong instead and defeated me. Then I had a cupcake that was taken away. (It must have been the punishment for losing to someone, for I knew nothing of the cupcake until now.)

Then people laughed and things took to a dark side. Strict leaders came on board and now it was a desperate attempt to escape this bus of doom and run as fast as you can far away. My team escaped and headed towards a big red barn on the side of the road that has posted 2 horses. We dashed quickly down the hill and tried to be as discreet as possible but in the end the enemies were hot on our trail. Soon our two male friends were captured and the female heroine's were off running into the woods. For some reason, though, I couldn't run fast, it was almost as like a weight was dragging me. I couldn't run fast enough. My blond partner was ahead of me but she too was falling behind. Everything was in slow motion. I headed up towards the road where traffic was started to clog up and hoped I could hop on a car to speed away. Unfortunately, I was caught, along with my partner, and we were forced to drag this huge metal machine on the highway. It was our punishment. Then I woke up.

I didn't even take medication to make that dream so wacky. It could have possibly been the vapors but something made that dream really wacky. But it was better than the night before- people were dying.

Ok, so I need a dream interpreter. But frankly, I don't care about what it means; I just like the stunning action of it. Now I'm off to hang around some more until work. Yes, work at 3:30 to 10:00. Sheer bliss.

Enjoy your day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home