Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Noodle Doodle

After a complete shut down of my academic world and my only means of education coming from the Animal Planet on cable television, I have been forced to kick my brain into the next gear for the new semester is upon me and is knocking at my door holding a basket full of 18 credits and cute little snow booties.

The day is done and all of my six classes have been introduced to me. Some came with a smiling face, a laugh, and a welcomed sigh of relief on my nerves and others stared at me with a blank face, flared their nostrils, and pouted in the chair. All in all, my analysis of the semester at hand is like a referee after the red towel has been thrown by Coach Cowher- I need further review.

I don’t know how I will sum up my classes until weeks go by. My old pattern has been kicked out the window but I am recovering nicely for several reasons. One of them being that I have grown up quite a bit and the whole college thing isn’t rocking my socks off this time around. Same place, same room, same roomie, and good old snow. All those challenges I had last semester are gone this time around. I’ve come out a littler stronger, a bit smarter, and thankfully, not that much fatter.

All in all, I think this semester will be a bit of a challenge but won’t be too bad. Of course I’ll have those days when things are tumbling down around me and stuff is causing me to freak, but I need to be strong and assertive. I do predict more work this time around and I sure don’t predict another 3.7, but I will try my best to stay out of the C’s in into the B’s and, maybe if a miracle is laying around and there is a sale, some A’s to decorate the final report card with.

In other epic news on campus, one of my friend’s roommate, who never was in the room and didn’t even make a Spring 05 semester schedule, has disappeared. He left for break and hasn’t returned, leaving my friend speechless and leaving roomie and I scoping out what he has that we can put dibbs on.

I always wanted my own iron and board…

We have changes in the hall this semester to come back to as far as RA’s are concerned. Our last Resident Assistant from the other side of the hall was moved to Earp Hall for several reasons I will not bring up and get into, but now we have a new lady here to take her place. She seems to be quite a rule enforcer but I do not fear her because I live on the opposite side of the hall, so therefore, I don’t really see her, so she can’t see me, and she can’t see our super cool pizza sign that lights up but has a Budweiser logo on it with a beer mug and bottle and it is now somewhat illegal to have displayed because is “promotes alcohol”. It’s not hanging out the window for the entire world to see, first off, so what harm does it do? Roomie and I are far from being drinkers anyway, let alone party animals. We like the warm orange glow of the pizza part of the sign, not the intoxicating message a pizza sign seems to send now and days. Let me have my sign- she would only write me up because she probably wants one too. But no worries, I have a blanket I can throw on it incase of emergency. And a door to shut. Perfecto.

There is snow in Edinboro. There is flooding in West Virginia. Weather lately is crazy-go-nuts. But the waters will recede and someday I might see grass again. Enjoy your January day and have a cup of cocoa!


2 Comments:

Blogger Melonie said...

I am glad to hear school is going well so far. Don't you love going to class for the first time? I do, but eventually (like the next week) the novelty wears off and you have to study and do homework like a crazy person to keep your head above water.

Be quiet and the RA will leave you alone--trust me.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Moogie said...

Sounds like you have everything lined up. I hope you have a wonderful semester!

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home