Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Have I lost my marbles? Part 1

I woke up this morning not grungy, mean, and hateful at the world. Why? I'm still trying to figure that out. I think it's the 8 1/2 hours I got last night. (Yes, 8 1/2, I need my eyelid time!) But today is a new day that God has all kinds of things in store. Unfortunately, I feel like I have lost my marbles. You'll see why...

Part 1 of losing my marbles begins with the application for Highland Ambassadors. They are a University organization that does service for the school (serving dinners, handing out bulletins, graduation needs, etc.) and for the community around the school (Edinboro, etc). I first heard of this group from my terrific RA and then from another girl at the Potter's house that I am friends with. (Heck, I'm friends with all those girls).

So I went to the meeting, filled out the application, and today is the day I am turning it in. I have really tossed back and forth whether I can do this kind of thing. It requires a 2.5 QPA (that's fine) and a minimum of 20 service hours per semester, a max of 40 (Eh, I can handle that) and a retreat before school starts (I am woman, hear me roar). But the everyday challenge of fitting everything in seems overwhelming. I experienced this when I joined the graphic design club. They assigned me some meaningless title like "Scrap booker" and I freaked.

"Who me? I have to do this? I have to attend meeting? Take pictures? Spend time of this?"

But then again, it was my first semester here, I was working out the emotional bugs of being away from home, Wuvor, and anything that smelled remotely human. Now I have events like church gatherings and the bowling team keeping me busy while Wuvor works back home close to every day. I am concerned that if I get a job next semester and Highland Ambassadors and the events I already do (like 3 of them), I won't have time to balance it all. But on the upside, Highland Ambassadors is very flexible and there are service events for weekdays and weekends. I get to pick and choose!

So wish me luck as I turn in the application at the big President's office after my meeting with my advisor....

...I'll keep you in suspense and write about that later!

G'Day!

P.S.- Do Sharon and I look alike? I know we act alike in some ways by all the surveys I fill out?

P.S.S.- I finally watched Super Troopers to see where the origin of our bowling team name "RamRod" came from. All I can say is "Wow" and shake my head. I will never look at a police pull over the same again. But seeing some of the people on the team, I feel it's a fitting name :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home