Saturday, February 19, 2005

Da Burg

Today was an excited time out of the snowy, frozen tundra of Edinboro but rather in the busy world of Pittsburgh with all the fast-paced traffic glory. But first and foremost, before I begin this post, I must express my utter enthusiasm about my awesome cousin…

SHARON! She came home! (Almost like Lassie or something) I am so thrilled! Let me tell you, I was glued to that old blog these past two days like a chef waiting for the cake to finish baking-(…bad analogy, lol) I just had to see how it would turn out and how my beloved cousin was. Thankfully she is now home with her family and recovering from her rough week. God is awesome. J

Back to the story (went off on a tangent there, haha, but a wonderful tangent!), members from the Potter’s house (K, B, C,) and friends (M & N), and I ventured out of our igloos and down to Carngie Art Museum for the International Art Show that has been showing. It was a pretty interesting time and kind of nice to see the old place that brought back so many memories (art club field trips with H).

At times, I thought about how weird some of the art was. Some of it was just plain, well, weird. But on the other hand, some of it was nice and sometimes make you think. One thing was for sure though- I was spent by the end of the visit. From there we headed over to a restaurant (that I can’t remember the name of) that was tasty and not too expensive ($10.00 meal) but left me broke by the end of the day and wondering if I could get some kind of job shoveling snow back at school for a buck or two. Money gets me worried sometimes to the point where I have to put things in perspective.

The sleepiness definitely wore off after the lemonade and lemon water. On the trip home is was a bouncing time of singing and car dancing. We listened from Maroon 5 to 80’s to oldies. Good times, my friends, good times.

Now I’m back in the Boro and broke like a bum in Brooklyn. Send money to the Lindsay-stay-off-the-streets-fund. Now! Ok, no.

Wow, I’m still very awake. This lack of sleep will hit me sometime! Night!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Hi Linds! Yes I'm home! Thank you so much for everything you've written -- you made me cry! :) I love you much.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Melonie said...

Hooray, Sharon is home.

Can I come out to dinner with you guys? I might have $10.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home