Wednesday, February 16, 2005

I love my cousin (and I'm not from West Virgina...but she is!)

I could blog about all kinds of things today, like the boring critque I just got out of or the snow that was dumped overnight, but instead I feel like it's not a time of laughing or celebrating or having any real fun. When I hear the word blog I think of one word: Sharon.

I'm thankful she started a blog because I finally got to meet my awesome cousin Sharon. I got to peek into her life, her mind, and her family by reading her terrific posts, some serious and others humorous. I decided to start my own blog and join the craze. I don't regret it.

Blog after blog, it seemed like I had known Sharon for years. I finally got to meet her for the first time at my grandfather's funeral this past Decemeber. Seeing my "long lost" cousin was the highlight of that crummy week. It was like having an older sister or something. I even want to go visit her this summer just to know her more.

I love you cousin Sharon. My prayers are with her, along with my friends who are also praying over her. All one can do is lean on God.

"Though he fall, he will not be cast down: for the Lord holds him up with his hand." Psalm 37:24

"You are my hiding place; you will preserve me from trouble; you will compass me about with songs of deliverance." Psalm 32:7

"The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble..." Nahum 1:7

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all love your cousin and I hope you don't mind sharing.
She's in all our thoughts :)

Love what you have done to your blog by the way! Very pretty :)

2:24 AM  
Blogger Melonie said...

What a sweet cousin you are! I know it made Sharon feel better hearing all the wonderful things you have had to say about her.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home