Friday, February 04, 2005

Leave Me Alone

Today is one of those days when I woke up angry, grumpy, and mad. My friends in high school knew this illness well, so they just left me alone until 3rd period, about the time I woke up.

This morning I was mad at everything. Mad at the lights falling down, the temperature outside (which really isn't all that bad), the idea of having an 8:00 class, the idea of having a 9:00 class right after, and so on. I usually keep it to myself because after years of dealinh with this problem, I hold my breath and know that in a few hours everything will be ok.

My mother isn't a morning person. My grandmother isn't a morning person. And neither am I. If Sharon and I lack one thing in similarities, it's the early bird in her that rises at 3,4, or 5AM and the late rising bear, me, that gets out of bed comfortably, around 10:00.

I usually take on a good 8-9 hours of sleep. Yes, that many. If it's 7 or less, forget it. I just won't function properly. This past week I got 10 hours of sleep in one night. It was great. Went to bed at midnight and woke up very late in the morning. Ahh, l'amour. I figure my problem is that I got 7 hours last night and maybe 8 the night before. Instead of hitting the gym, like I planned last night when I feel like I could stay awake for another 3 hours, I might go back to bed for some extra Zzz's. Queen of nap, my roommate, already has made an appointment.

Good Morning and have a great day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

But the good news is that it's FRIDAY!! And then we get two days not to have to get up for school/work/ whatever.
Feel better. enjoy your nap.

5:29 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Yes, ask Melonie sometime about the naps she liked to take in college.
Hope you got some extra sleep! :)
Are you going to Cleveland this weekend and if so, will you give our aunt a big hug from me too?

4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home