Friday, January 28, 2005

Secret Night Expectancies

Due to the ugly illness that attacked Kristin a few days ago, she was unable to make the trip, thus, making us reconsider our plans because Cleveland without her would break her heart, not to mention how much we would miss her company (and direction giving skills).

Instead of heading across the boarder to Ohio for eats at the best Italian restaurant in the city, the group of five, including me, settled for the ever popular Olive Garden in Erie. It was both me and Jen’s first time to the joint that we had heard so much about. After waiting a half hour, which isn’t so bad for a Friday night, we were seated and enjoyed fellowship and good old girl time, something I have missed since high school. The girly giggles and laughing that make you stop and wonder what on earth is going on and why you are laughing like a hyena that is shown on the Animal Planet station. We all received our fill of fancy food, fettuccini alfredo for moi, and some even ordered dessert to take home with them. Since I’m dirt poor and ordered something cheap on the menu, I decided to stick to my stingy creed and pass it up. Besides, a tasty dessert titled “Chocolate Lasagna” wouldn’t be that ideal for someone who just started a new work out regiment.

From there we hustled back into the frozen tundra and drove over to the mall to kill time before our 10:00 movie at the dollar theater (which is really $1.50. Cheap, I know). We stopped over at a bookstore and mingled around at the books and sun stuff in the store. As long as the location was warm, we didn’t care. Some of the gang left with purchases of all sorts.

From there it was off to the movie theater to watch “Shall We Dance” starring Richard Gere and Jennifer Lopez. Of course, it was a pure chick flick and had it’s cheesy moments, but overall, it wasn’t that bad. But I’m not one of those Richard Gere stalkers who adore all of his films, even the ones that have faltered. That’s more my mother’s era, I believe.

After the tale, we stopped at everyone’s favorite store- Wally World A.K.A. Wal-Mart to pick up a thermometer for Kristin. After the other Jen and I waited for a long period of time in line (since there were only three registers open) I placed the thermometer on the conveyor belt which caused the older male cashier to say “Uh oh!” when he looked at it before he scanned it. Assuming he thought I was the one ill, I replied “Oh, I’m not the one sick”. He took another glance at it and apologized and laughed for he thought the item was something else- a pregnancy test. Jen could hardly keep her composure as we finished out our “scanky” transaction. Finally we bolted out the door in laughter. Therefore, I have composed a list of things that are essential actions to take when trying to discover if one is pregnant:

1. Dress yourself up, put on your make-up, jazz up the hair, and get together with all your friends. Who knows when you might need their support. Besides, you’re young and possibly pregnant; you didn’t get there by staying in on Friday nights.
2. Go out to a fancy and tasty restaurant to eat because everyone knows that mothers need to eat well when they are “with child”. Just pass up the wine when they come to the table with the samples.
3. Go to chick flick movie to give yourself hope that the father is just like the handsome male portrayed in the film, if you can remember what the guy looks like…darn it…does have brown hair or blond hair? I just can’t remember…
4. Finally, drive over to Wal-Mart at around midnight to avoid seeing anyone you know and discreetly purchase a pregnancy test with your friends. The more the merrier! Happy testing!

So after all of the excitement, Meagan (fellow Rose Hall dweller) and I scurried over in the wicked blast of sub-zero temperature weather back to the dorms. Off to bed I go, because it’s already 2:02, I’ve been chilling here for an hour now but I don’t feel tired at all. Maybe it’s the Coldplay songs that are on my Media Player. Who knows, but I’ll give sleep a chance. Tomorrow is a whole new day (and I won’t pay attention to the fact that it is already Saturday).

G’night!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

fettucine alfredo...that's my girl :) That's my favorite too, and Olive Garden makes a fantastic alfredo.

great post!

12:22 AM  
Blogger Melonie said...

Good post. I really feel like a little Olive Garden now, I could use a girl's night out. I hope all turns out well with the prenancy test.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home