Monday, February 07, 2005

The Ohio Weekender

For some excitement and cheering up, I decided to visit my Aunt M. in Cleveland this past weekend. Since Roomie lives 30 mintues away from her, I deicded to hitch a ride to good ol' Ohio and take a mini road trip.

I had a blast, I really did. The last time I was out to visit my Aunt at her apartment was when I was five years old and the trip wasn't that worth remembering. Both my mother, brother, and I were deathly sick while my Dad and other Aunt (at the time...) and Uncle went out to Cedar Point for the day. Fun fun.

This time around was a lot more fun and memorable. I did recognize the apartment and some parts of it like the couch infront of the jungle and and the kitchen on the other side of the wall. But all in all, I really didn't remember a lot because, heck, I was five years old.

We slept in, ate pancakes, and visited my other "aunt" J., who gave me Animal Crackers and pens because she felt she had to give me something. I vagely remember her house, just the basement were the dogs are usually kept, even though they run the house most of the time. J. named one of her dogs after me because when i was born she loved the name and wanted to use it. I finally got to meet "Lindsay 2" (for Lindsay 1 has passed on into doggy heaven). Oddl enough, Aunt J. preceeded to tell me that she later disocvered Lindsay 1's mother was named Cassandra, the same name as my other mother. Weird, I know.

We also went out Sunday morning and met Aunt M.'s good friend and terrific painter Sue. We had a personal tour through her home that she has filled with all kinds of art work. She would ask me from time to time if I were doing all that but I then had to break the news that I wasn't all that great of a painter and wasn't taking those classes at Edinboro. Yet I still loved the art work of beautiful ballerinas and blooming flowers.

I think the trip really cheered my Aunt M. up a lot. Since the funeral, we believe she's been a little depressed and needed a pick-me-up. My mother could tell on the phone that she was excited about my visit and having the company. I play to visit her again sometime in March or April, before school is out. We already have a list of things we'd love to do.

My next big road trip, if I had a choice, would be good old West Virgina. My mother and I have talked about how we would love to visit Sharon and spend more time with her. I only got to speak with her briefly between all the chaos and madness going on at the house and funeral home over Christmas Break.

Good morning and G'day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Melonie said...

Let me know when you visit Sharon, I would love to come down and meet you in person.

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home