Thursday, April 14, 2005

Why Not Me?

It’s been a stressful two past days this week but it’s hard to believe it’s already Thursday and the weekend is looking at me with open arms and ready to embrace my tired body and sleepy mind to a wonderful weekend of sleeping in till 11:00. This I do not share with my cousin Sharon who awakes at the crack of dawn with her cup of coffee and wonderful writings and paintings while I am still in a state of hibernation. Early birds can get the worms, but I never had anything against leftovers.

To re-cap for you, I took an evil beast of a test today that ended up being 8 pages long. This type of test is for World Civilizations I with an eccentric professor whose name I cannot pronounce. You try it for a whirl: Kyriakos Nalmpantis. I don’t know who gave him that name, but their mental capacities had to be lacking when he was born. He designed his tests in such a fashion that you can “BS” your way through it. (He tells us this the first day of class, sometimes crude, but very humorous and very intelligent) yet his tests are still a challenge and he expects a lot of out his students on the essays in order to get an A. I somewhat procrastinated about this test in comparison to the other, which caused added stress, and had me angry at the simplest things in life. While taking the test a completely forgot I happened to had my cell phone in my book bag. Now mind you, I never have my cell phone on my anymore for classes, mostly because it’s useless. No one ever calls me, and if they do, it’s a wrong number. Of course, while we are taking a test, I am startled by a musical tune in the dead of silence in the classroom. “Wow, that sounds like the one I have for my phone” I ponder and then look down at my book bag and realize it IS my phone. Oh crap. I brag it and silence it’s ringing jingle and look up to see the head of my professor peeking his head out around the podium from his desk. Thankfully, he’s pretty care free and did nothing but smile. It figures that I get a phone when I actually do have my phone on in class AND forgot to silence. Oops.

I had an idea of who rang me while I poured out the goo of my brain onto paper. My prediction was right and it was Highland Ambassadors. It’s an organization I am joining that does service for the university and the surrounding community, like days that the campus that has presentation days or serves dinners- we are the helpers. I always did love service with my youth group so I was ooper thrilled when I heard of this opportunity. They finally called about my interview, the one I have been anticipating for practically a month now. My appointment is on Monday at four, which gives me plenty of time to look presentable for the interview. I asked a friend of mine at the Potter’s House what questions they might be asking me during this interrogation period. One of them is “Why did you come to Edinboro” and another is “What do you know about Highland Ambassadors?” Looks like I have some thinking to do over the weekend.

Hopefully this weekend will be a time of laying back and getting some chill time in. I should also be healing this weekend from a canker sore in my mouth that has been there for over a week. The little devil is eating my lip away so I got some medicine from a friend in hopes of ousting this curse from my mouth.

On my way back from E’s room, lender of the canker sore medicine, I donated a book to the library that I had from last semester. It was a boring book from English class that we bought and used just a few times but paid out the butt for. When it came time to get some money back for it, the clerk told me they discontinued the use for it and it’s now mine to keep. Hooray. Since I’m not into Hitler and the whole book burning process, I decided to horde it for a rainy day. This past week I received an e-mail from the university library saying they were accepting donations of any books or textbooks I may be willing to part with. Needless to say, I made quick time to dig the sucker out and hand it over to a friendly bookshelf that would take care of it. The worker at the library seemed very thankful and gracious that I was giving such a great gift, I was just glad it was out of my hands and not going to take up space for when I haul the entire crap home from college for the summer. That, my friends, will be interesting.

I’m out to take a run. Apparently I am going to run a 5K, maybe I will take the full reality of this in when my mind comes back from being out. Got to love spring! Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home