Saturday, January 21, 2006

I'll take this picture...nine times!


This is a photo from break that was taken at my house. Yes, that is our Christmas tree. If you're one of those tradition, have-your-heart-set-on real living tree that dies each year in your living room, then this concept will send you spinning and keeled over. It's a tin tree, popular decades ago in my father's era (Sounds pretty funny, my father grew up decades ago. Decades sounds like prehistoric term. Anyway...) The tree is from my father's era, he actually has a picture infront of his own tin tree growing up. (Even though he hated it as a child because who wants a shiny tree as a kid when everyone else gets the real thing?) But now we love it, at least I do. Honestly, it's different, fun, colorful (come complete with color wheel that spins that casts colors on the tree since you can't put Christmas lights on the thing or else you're going to have a problem). It rotates around in a circle and even plays music if you like (but rather not because it can become a but irritating hearing the same jingle over and over again at some rapid rate). The spinning feature is especially nice when setting it up because when it comes to the hanging of ornaments, all you do is stand and place, stand and place, and stand and place as the tree rotates for you. In this country, that idea should be selling like gold. Anyway, that is the story of our Christmas tree. All my friends were fascinated with the contraption, not everyone has chrome displayed in tree-form in their livingroom. If you wanted to see it, you still could have until today when mother finally broke down and took the holiday decor down. I don't blame her for holding out, I did the same thing. This picture was taken at an impromptu movie night at my house to watch Meet the Fockers and listen to country music. Every party at my house has country music incorporated somehow, a recurring theme....good theme. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Wow. That is one funky, cool-looking tree.

Great to read your posts!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home