Saturday, March 11, 2006

Bring on the Break

I'm back home for the triumphal spring break 2006, which consists of wild restaurant visit, riskay locations like Wal-Mart of Shop N' Save, and hanging out with a rough crowd, like my Dad and his scratchy beard. Needless to say, I'm keeping this Spring Break low-key and kicking back.

I am feeling much better after the attack of cold/sinus/allergy/flu whatever it was. I even exercised today, which is a good start. I knew I started to retain my old spunk back when I started running up stairs again. My nose still feels like sandpaper but nothing Aveeno lotion and love and care can't heal. (Although I don't exactly know how you "love and care" for a nose. Massage cartiledge? Who knows.)

I drove home yesterday making terrific time (cough, cough) and wasn't in my house two hours until I was out the door in a rush. The Pine Street boys, fellows I spend many of my high schools days with, even though they attended another high school. We all met through youth group and have remained friend since then. They are quite a bunch, loud, crazy, but really nice guys when you dig beneath the ice cream, video games, candy, and madness. Believe me, it takes awhile, lol. Just kidding guys.

We watched the movie "Failure to Launch" which fooled a lot of the boys into thinking that the movie was a sci-fi flick about airplanes or the space shuttle, rather than a chick flick about a 30 year old who won't move out of his parent's house. I thought it was good, hilarious, and of course, anything starring Matthew McConughey (in the left photograph) is worth seeing.

Then we traveled over to King Family restaurant, a version of John's Pizza in Edinboro only expensive and way too formal. The broccoli and Cheese soup was pretty tasty, although it didn't help the love handles. But compared to the boys, I ate sparingly as they woofed down waffle cakes and milk shakes like there was no tomorrow.

On another note, it's good to be home and eat real food, have a real breakfast, take a shower with temperature regulation control, and to simply relax at the homestead. Tonight's adventures include a return to SNS to visit a few fellow co-workers still stuck in the grind of bagging and clean up calls and later going to hang with C at JT's house to play Halo and talk, the usual relaxing and such. But anyway, it's time to hit the road, or at least head upstairs. It might be 50 out, but it's still 30 degrees in this basement. Reminds me of Edinboro...go figure! Keep it real and make sure to check the correct movie descriptions before you head out to the movie, you might get swooned rather than shot at.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home