Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Art of the Saturday

There are a million reasons why I love living in the house oppose to the dorm like AKA cement block coldness. But one in particular that makes the experience of house life even better is the concept of Saturday.

Saturday in the dormitories never felt right. I had to shuffle downstairs to the empty cafe and scrounge some milk and cereal, eat alone at my desk, and eventually would make my way over to the house I reside at now, because it did become my second home. Saturdays are one of my favorite days at home because, frankly, anything can happen! Projects take place, shopping outings are made, relatives are visited, relatives visit us, you know the drill. Best part is summer hits the area and the evenings are spent on the front porch admiring the fresh-cut grass as the lightning bugs make their way out onto the playing field as dusk approaches.

Saturdays are perfect for spontaneity at the house. I endlessly change my plans throughout the day, even hating to make a decision to do something. From Erie to the afternoon jog, the house life is so much warmer. Breakfast is at a table with people I love. Breakfast can be eggs, or cereal, or even oatmeal. The morning can be spent reading. The night can be spent on movies or a trip.

Saturdays- they're great days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home