Tuesday, January 02, 2007

How may I help you?

I've headed back to school early for a receptionist job at the church I work for with my part-time job during the school year. They were hard up for a replacement to buy them some more time before they found a new replacement and my name was pulled up. I happily accepted the job because, let's be honest people, a grocery store at minimum wage just doesn't cut it. Plus, sitting versus standing wins by a landslide. This is a nice chair too - wheels even.

Phones are weird. It's like there's a secret method and I keep missing the last step. Good thing I'm not an undercover spy, I'd be blowing up the joint because at the last minute of time left on the bomb, I would sit and ponder "was it the blue or the red I cut?"

All in all, this job is ooper nice. Sure, 8 hours a day, but it's the working world, and I'm their woman! The money is good, the people are great, and it's still not snowing in the area (but the call is still out whether I like that concept. Yes, another day without the snow brush and gloves but it's one less day in April that I can hopes of the summer to come.)

...plus, I've got this great heater under the desk to keep me warm AKA make me feel like my legs are in the Mexican heat on vacation while my hands remain a chilly zero degrees.

Welcome 2007 - how may I help you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home