Friday, December 03, 2004

Winter Has Come

Due to the overwhelming amount of sleep I received yesterday from my nap, I got to bed at 2:30AM last night. No worries though, my first and only class of the Friday is at 2:00PM. Poor roomie has class at 8:00, and it's not even a fun one- math.

So I was woken by her after she got up and climbed down from her bunk and looked out the window.

It snowed!

I don't know why I was excited, I usually get thrilled over the first snow of every winter season that passes. Looking outside and seeing the beautiful touch of nature in a cool, white layer is exciting for most young and old alike. I did go out in the snow for I had an appointment this morning at 11:00, and I loved it.

It actually seems like winter now, Christmas in fact. I even wrote on the dry erase board "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..." because truly, it is. What Christmas is complete without some kind of frozen layer of white, crystaly water that drops in flakes from the sky? I even remember back to my childhood where I wanted snow on the ground Christmas morn because it was just weird not having it there. I wonder how the people in Florida deal with this. I'd put fake snow in my yard!

I just thought I'd blog and express my excitement over the snow. I somewhat dreaded it with great fear because of what the roads will get like and all the horror stories that have probably been exaggerated about this place and the weather. Yes, I am aware it's going to be different, but I will live through the winter, every else did.

I will try to blog a picture when I get back home for the weekend for one and all to see the first snowfall of Edinboro, Pennsylvania!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home