Friday, April 15, 2005

Morning Randomness

This morning I recieved an e-mail from back home from an elder that kind of sent me off on an internal rant in my inner mind. I just happened to send her some forward and she replied in a hasty and personal message repremanding my actions and to check all my forwards and ...so on and so on. Honestly, why take your time out of the day to write something like that to me, make me feel like a 3 year old who used VCR the wrong way? Beats me, but it was the last thing I wanted to read as I wipe the sleep from my eyes at 8AM.

Yet a part of me feels as if it's wrong to even complain about the issue. It feels like it just isn't the right time. I feel I do a lot of "crying and whining" around here lately, and I don't like that. I'm sorry if i do. I usually like to look at the optimistic parts of life where the glass is half full, or at least empty if it's a good brand of oragne juice or chocolate milk.

Yesterday I had a meeting with my mentor from the Potter's House. I was telling her that I've felt like it's been a difficult year but felt like I couldn't really see why. She then started to list the things that have changed in the time span of a year: A move to college, a new person to live with, new classes, change of major, death of a family member, several deaths of church family members, and the list went on. No wonder I feel swamped from time to time, but I considered a lot of that stuff in the past, and I didn't credit them for anything i would feel right now. God has been my stronghold, no worries, mate.

I can see why people see college students as "optimisitc" and "dreamy" because it's quite possible they have hit the nail on the head for that one. Lately I have been pondering thoughts and daydreaming about all kinds of things that i never would have thought about in high school. Now don't start thinking that I'm turning into some Daoist hippi who won't wear socks because the rights of sheep have been violated. I'm stillme, it's just fun to think sometimes for a long period of time about the most random things. Then I realize the teacher just asked a question and I have no idea were he was coming from. (But usually it's to the entire class so I'm not on the spot. Haha)

It even seems wrong to laugh this morning because of the saddening news that came from Sharon's blog. A friend of her's has suddently passed away in an accident, a friend who was filled with love and compassion. her post last night brought tears to my eyes, why exactly I don't know. But the loss of people who touched your life is never an easy road. You'd think that because death is a part of life humans would get used to it. Sure, we know it happens, but we never want to lose those whom we love.

I can't exactly say why bad things happen to good people. There isn't a clear-cut answer in "Life Understanding 101". But what i do know is that God has a greater plan through it all. He has the road map from above, we are just followers. In a worls that is filled with his goodness and the evil snatches of the devil, things happen. But our solace in it all is that life here is just part of the fun, that eternal life is a prize, and I bet Sharon's dear friend is in jubilee right now, with all the car he would ever want to spruce up and drive along the golden highways. Hop over to her blog and give her and her family a hug at the link on the sidebar marked "Adventures of a Domestic Enigneer". Thanks and have a terrific day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Thanks, Linds. You know I love you. Right?

p.s. I like getting ALL your emails :)

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home