Thursday, December 09, 2004

I've Been Financially Mugged

Today was going pretty well. It still is,don't get me wrong. I just feel, well, the title says it all.

I've been finacially mugged.

Today was the first day of the book-buy back the bookstore offers at the end of the semester. Heck, do I need that psychology book? Nah, throw it in the bookbag! I collected my books, packed them in the bookbag, and headed off to the UC for the exchange.

In the beginning, I spent around $200.00 whopping dollars for books that I really didn't use. For instance, my English professor required 3 books that cost me over $20.00 a piece, close to $40.00, were rarely used and I cold have easily saved myself over $100.00 bucks by just telling her "I forgot mine, I'll look over at Suzie's book."

In the end, I got around $60.00 back. Hmm, I know I didn't pass my high school math classes with flying colors but I know that there is some kind of significant difference between the two price tags. I brought my old receipt in case it was needed for the academic transaction but instead I used it to stare at in disbelief as the clerk told me a book I paid forty dollars for I was now getting for around five.

What did I ever do to the education system that requires them to flog me finacially? They punched, kicked, and gave a good kung fu show leaving me in a saddened state of delusions.

Those who have gone through the educational system in college, university, etc, have already experienced this kind of "rip off" and are reminiscing to those days or relating to the pain and lending me a band-aid. My Mac card bleeds and gives a depressed breath as more of it's life is taken away from it; it's elixir is running out.

Thank goodness for Shop 'n Save and their employment benefits- well, the only benefit being the green stuff they give for me scanning people's assorted grub and occasionally packing it in bags for them to take home to the kiddies to devour. I will most definitely be working over vacation and summer vacation. I am considering moving into the produce department at the store because of the better pay they offer but I run into some dilemmas where for one, I don't even know if they have an opening and two, the hours may be too many. Sure, I want the money, but I want my summer too.

Well, I'm off to do something academic. I'm going to wait to buy my books for next semester in case I don't have to buy the book. I wish I would have done that this time around. What do you think?

Have a great day! I'm finding the icy hot. Being mugged isn't an everyday thing! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home