Monday, June 11, 2007

Finally at the Pacific

Ever since I spent last summer in New Jersey on the shores of Ocean City, I have this deep longing for the ocean like never before. Family vacations didn't really occur in my family. One of my best friend's family goes on some week long adventure to hit every destination in the town. Mine takes day trips, and honestly, I don't feel like I missed out. I think these summer projects are making up for it.
So the Pacific Ocean and I became friends Thursday night. The smell of fish (odd, but a reminder of the sea), the sand between my toes, and the crashing of the waves that roll towards the shoreline. It was lovely.

Getting there was just about the same level of adventure. It took us two hours to reach the Santa Monica bay due to traffic and traffic...and more traffic. Thankfully, we had a car full of joksters who made the best of the moment. I was laughing so hard I was crying. You know it's a good laugh when your face hurts.

Speaking of hilarity, it appears by brother is having a good time in the outskirts of civilization. It's funny how much I can learn and see in his day to day by reading hios blog versus phone converstaions. Writing does more for some than others, and this is quite apparent in my older sibling.

This week is filled with all kinds of different tasks and assignments. Each day is like a new adventure. William Carey food line of 5 items or less, Ultimate Frisbee at USC, and the continunal car pooling here and there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Byron K. Borger said...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I miss the ocean, just hearing your description. Is the Pacific much different than the Atlantic?

I hitch-hiked there in the 70's but didn't get in the water...

Byron

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home